Staff Interview 4: EMEA
Natural Resources, Corporate Banking Division for EMEA
London, United Kingdom
- What do you think is MUFG's competitive edge?
- Our network. It provides us with diversity in people, a broad coverage model, and in-depth knowledge of the markets we operate in to service our clients. Our model is to be client-centric, so this is why our network and people are our competitive edge.
- What is your most rewarding experience at MUFG?
- One of the most rewarding experiences is being told by clients how good we are and, as a result, being awarded more business. It does not always happen, and it is a difficult journey to get there. Another rewarding experience is MUFG looking to promote global careers. I was able to broaden my skill set and experience through a global secondment in Singapore working in Project Finance covering the natural resources sector in Asia.
- How would you describe people at MUFG?
- People at MUFG are knowledgeable in their relevant areas, willing to work as a team, and generally supportive of new business. We are also developing a culture to Challenge Ourselves to Grow, and therefore it is great that we have colleagues who are willing to push the boundaries whilst working as one team.
- How do you spend your free time?
- I like to travel when I take vacation, and in my spare time I like to read, play and watch football (soccer to Americans) on the weekends, and ski when the opportunity arises. I also like to explore new restaurants and bars in and around London.