Staff Interview 3: MUB & Americas
Director / Head of Syndication Planning
Investment Banking, Capital Markets Group, MUFG Securities Americas / MUFG Union Bank
New York, United States
- What do you think is MUFG's competitive edge?
- I believe MUFG's strengths are the trust given from our clients and the people who honor that trust. Over the course of history, MUFG has successfully gained trust from its clients by providing high levels of service. These services were supported by individual professionals within MUFG who held values, responsibilities, and pride at the highest level. Such professionals are born thanks to MUFG's corporate culture and extensive internal educational programs.
- What is your most rewarding experience at MUFG?
- Since 2006, I have had the privilege of serving non-Japanese Debt Capital Market clients in London, Tokyo, and New York. During my assignment (2009-2017) at Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities, I was primarily in charge of Non-Japanese Issuers interested in yen-denominated funding. During this time, we won the International Financing Review's “Yen House of the Year” award for both 2015 and 2017. Getting awarded not once but twice by the internationally recognized IFR remains the most memorable experience of my MUFG career.
- How would you describe people at MUFG?
- I believe the people at MUFG are a highly dedicated group of professionals with strong presence in the global market. Not only does each MUFG professional possess sophisticated skills, but they also value strong teamwork. This combination allows MUFG to be way ahead of our competitors in the market.
- How do you spend your free time?
- I value the time spent with my family the most. We regularly enjoy going to see professional baseball, soccer, basketball, and tennis games/matches, and we enjoy travel during holiday seasons.