Staff Interview 2: MUB & Americas
US Wholesale and Investment Banking, Corporate Advisory, MUFG Union Bank
New York, United States
- What do you think is MUFG's competitive edge?
- At MUFG, we strive to provide our clients with exceptional service and customized solutions to meet their needs. Our global reach, strong balance sheet, and ever-expanding product platform enable us to offer a broad range of products and services. Further, our track record of success, sound judgement, and enduring commitment to our clients builds trust that is not easy to replicate.
- What is your most rewarding experience at MUFG?
- My most rewarding experience was being part of the acquisition finance team in Asia & Oceania shortly after the group was formed. MUFG played lead roles in several landmark M&A financings in the region during my two years there, and I am very proud to have worked alongside incredibly talented colleagues on several of those deals. Overall, the experience was really interesting and fulfilling.
- How would you describe people at MUFG?
- Having worked in three different MUFG offices in two different continents, I have had the privilege to work with a diverse mix of people, but some qualities are shared across the board. My colleagues are smart, dedicated, and driven individuals. They also know that by working together, our potential is greater than the sum of our individual strengths. Our collaborative culture results in superior solutions for our clients and fosters camaraderie and friendships among colleagues.
- How do you spend your free time?
- I enjoy nature, so I love spending time outside with my kids — when we’re not swimming or building sandcastles at the beach, we’re usually playing baseball or riding bikes at a park. Being new to New York, this was our first “real” winter, so we headed to Central Park every time it snowed for sledding and snowball fights! On weekends, I like to cook a nice meal for family and friends or explore the city.