Staff Interview 1: MUB & Americas
Global Subsidiary Banking, MUFG Union Bank
Chicago, United States ( Now work as long-term assignment in Shanghai, China)
- What do you think is MUFG's competitive edge?
- MUFG’s financial stability, focus on longer-term client relationships, and global network set the bank apart from the competition. The bank fosters global collaboration as we seamlessly work on complex cross-border transactions. MUFG continues to invest in its platform and people as we strive to meet the needs of our clients.
- What is your most rewarding experience at MUFG?
- I had many great experiences in my previous roles in New York and Chicago, but my most rewarding experience has been my long-term assignment in Shanghai, China. I have been in Shanghai for over two years and work with the subsidiaries of U.S. multinational corporations. I have worked with many clients on different transactions in Asia that have led to MUFG uptiering in the clientsí bank groups.
- How would you describe people at MUFG?
- People at MUFG are extremely knowledgeable, professional, diverse, and hard working. I am continually impressed by the caliber of staff employed by MUFG around the world. I appreciate that my colleagues from different parts of the globe have a high level of integrity and focus on improving the overall relationship with the client.
- How do you spend your free time?
- Outside of the office I can be found exploring Shanghai or watching a movie with my wife and three kids. I enjoy traveling and learning about different cultures. Iím a big sports fan and enjoy playing and watching basketball, American football, baseball, golf and tennis. I also enjoy going to the gym and skiing.