Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Malaysia) Berhad
February 4, 2015 --- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Malaysia) Berhad (BTMU Malaysia) would like to caution our customers of the phishing attempts by fraudsters using BTMU Malaysia's name to deceive customers in disclosing their banking details. Phishing scams are a form of identity theft, where spam emails are sent out to entice the victims to update their banking credentials.
Please be reminded that the Bank will NEVER send an email which:
- Ask you to click a link through an email, or
- Require you to submit account information directly into the email or online or
- Threatens to close or suspend your account if you do not respond or
- Claims there are unauthorized transactions on your account and require your account information or
- Claims that your account has been compromised and requests you to enter, validate or verify your account information
- Requires you to enter your card/ token number, password, account numbers into an email, pop-up window or non-secure webpage
If you have any concerns or require further clarification, please contact our Relationship Managers accordingly.