Staff Interview 3: MUB & Americas
Markets/Finance, MUFG Union Bank
New York, United States
- What do you think is MUFG's competitive edge?
- Our financial stability and global footprint are our strong points. We have a strong customer-centric culture, where we build and foster long-term relationships with clients as “the world's most trusted financial group”.
- What is your most rewarding experience at MUFG?
- My experience at MUFG spans approximately 16 years in the Global Markets Business - particularly Asset Liability Management of BTMU and Planning for Global Markets - and as a relationship manager in Japan. Spearheading “One MUFG”, the Global Markets Business integration project between BTMU and MUFG Securities in New York, was one of the most rewarding experiences of my career. Despite having many stakeholders involved and challenges along the way, we all moved towards the same goal. The teamwork I experienced in the project was tremendous.
- How would you describe people at MUFG?
- The key words for people at MUFG are “collaboration” and “professionalism”. I believe that people here share these characteristics. On the top of that, people at MUFG come from all over and bring diverse perspectives.
- How do you spend your free time?
- Although I work in the concrete jungle that is Manhattan, my family and I live in upstate New York surrounded by rich nature. We enjoy taking walks in our neighborhood to soak in the nature around us, but we also like visiting the big city on the weekend and traveling in the U.S. and abroad. We are definitely enjoying our time in New York.