Staff Interview 2: MUB & Americas
U.S. Wholesale Banking, Healthcare, MUFG Union Bank
New York, United States
- What do you think is MUFG's competitive edge?
- MUFG's global reach, strong balance sheet, and commitment to our clients are our competitive edge. The bank continues to make investments in both our global and local regional capabilities. As a firm, we promote the sharing of ideas across teams and regions. This enables MUFG to be a trusted global partner for our clients, and one that is willing to put its balance sheet to work to support their needs.
- What is your most rewarding experience at MUFG?
- Over the years that I've worked at MUFG, I have been fortunate to see the tremendous growth of the organization. The bank has gone from being a top-20 bank in many areas, to now a top 10, or higher, ranked institution in many product areas. Clients have recognized this growth and investment in our people and products, which has generated the positive momentum we have today.
- How would you describe people at MUFG?
- My colleagues are a diverse and open-minded group of people. MUFG has a very collaborative work environment and fosters teamwork to achieve our goals. No man is an island, and that is the philosophy my colleagues put into practice. As a global bank, collaboration among groups and regions is the key to our success.
- How do you spend your free time?
- I enjoy spending my free time with my family and friends. Living in Manhattan, there is so much to see and do, and when the weather is nice you'll most likely find me in Central Park. I also enjoy volunteering, going to the ballet, and traveling abroad.